11.26.2011

A Chat with the Almighty: Questioning Answers


Disclaimer: I'm just a man interpreting the things that I think God is saying to me. I'm not going to talk about you and your life, or the future, or the end of the world, or anything like that. When I hear God in my head He usually sings a beautiful song and then when I relay that song to people I know--vibrating vocal chords and noise out of my mouth--it usually sounds different than the original version. However, I'll be as descriptive and informative as possible in relaying my internally perceived/received replies from God. 


Disclaimer #2: God did not give me permission to quote Him. All responses from Him are mere speculation on my part, informed, hopefully, by the Holy Spirit. 


Me: A friend of mine asked you what his reason for existing was. He wanted to know what all this struggle was about. He said that you answered Him by saying that You loved Him until the ends of the earth. He asked you what that even meant, which I thought was kind of appropriate. He said that he was glad he asked that follow-up question because you actually answered him by saying to him that he could do anything he wanted in this life, even in every corner of the globe, if he abides in You and Your good plan for His life.

So this leads me to this question: Why do you so often answer our questions with responses that require more questions?

God: I have a lot of answers. I have complete answers that are deep and mysterious and full of abundant life. In your impatience you so often wait for a key phrase that your itching ears want to hear and then run away with it bouncing around in your mind before hearing me out entirely. I have more to say. Even in my silence I am saying something to you. Listen. I've said this before, but I will repeat myself, "Be still and know that I am God."

Me: I'll shut up now.

...ramble on...

No comments:

Post a Comment