9.21.2011

Walk the Plank

I guess I still don't understand, I haven't fully tried

To stop that thieving awful man who wants to rob my life

He lies and cheats and makes a mess of everything I need

Until there's nothing good left in me


Stage is set with curtain drawn, but who will play my part?

Can't forget to sing the song that's bleeding from my heart

It cries and haunts and calls me out to wake all secrecy

Because there's nothing good left in me


A siren's tune will shut him up as it reaches his ears

Sweat keeps falling from his brow colliding with his tears

The time has come to make amends with the one he couldn't flee

Because there's nothing good left to be


Prisoner once and prisoner still, but not holding the key

Lured by grace and bound until I admit defeat

I fight and spit and kick the cross that wants to set me free

Because there's nothing good left in me


...ramble on...

No comments:

Post a Comment