1.22.2010

Introduction: "A Small Window"

Do you ever feel like you’ve got a limited amount of time to chase your dreams? I mean, you’re getting older, you’re absorbing responsibilities, and the once childlike sparkle has been subtly snuffed out by maturity and good sense. Many doors have closed in your face, and you must cut your ties with the dreams you didn’t have the balls to chase. I know it’s hard, and I know you know that it’s hard because if you’ve lived a little time on this earth then you’ve had to let something go. Maybe you’ve had to let someone go. Well it’s said that if a door closes then we could always visualize flinging ourselves through the closest window. Too many step upon the window’s ledge as a defeated last stand before their eventual plunge into…the after. But I propose that the window may in fact be a better first option than a last. Oh no don’t get me wrong, I’m not recommending that you end yourself; quite the contrary. I’m saying JUMP! Go and free yourself to reclaim the forgotten sparkle. Grow a pair and chase that which has caught your eye since arriving at this place. This earth. This life. As you grow older more doors are shutting. Potential is waning. Dreams are fading. You can surrender to the call within your heart, or settle. Settle down in a place with closed doors, and open windows to remind you of what you left behind.

2 comments:

  1. i would agree - do it! not so much jumping out a window, but not giving up on what you think is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really encouraged me to make a decision I'd been putting off, something that I've longed for but couldn't get up the courage to chase after. Thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete