3.15.2012

Love me while I'm living.

Here's a song in the works. I think its lyrics are pretty self-explanatory, but if you don't "get it," in a nutshell, it's about making sure that you appreciate and love people well, while you can, because life's unpredictable and we don't know how much time we've got. 


love me while I'm living, before I'm gray and old
touch my aging body before my skin turns cold

the ground is asking questions, digging holes that fill with air
will you love me while I'm living, before I'm laying there?

assuming that I know it, some words don't come from you
a heart can break real slowly, as parts become unglued
my mind is seeking answers, though I act like I don't care
will you love me while I'm living, before you're never here?

plan to throw a party, make a list of who's to come
those you've disregarded, make peace where there's been none
our world's are very different, though we live in the same one
will you love me while I'm living, before we're dead and gone?

love me while I'm living, before we're dead and gone. 


...ramble on...

No comments:

Post a Comment