12.22.2010

A triumphant song in the works...

Crooked path for my feet and you'll find blood on my hands
Eyes that can't see how I fit in your plans
To turn the world on its head
I should be singing, but I'm grieving instead
Oh my love, where have you gone?

I've messed up before, God knows I'll mess up again
There's really no point to try to lie and pretend
I've got it all figured out, even in singing I'm revealing my doubt
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh, I think we'll overcome.

I'm changing my wrongs to right
even as the day is turned to night
When all that we share is this fight
Will you be on my side?

When hope has all but walked out on my life...again
And I can't walk a straight line
I come running then start falling
I'll sing my song for you...I'll sing you my

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh, we'll overcome.

We'll overcome, we will overcome
There's a life to live after the fighting's done
We'll overcome, we will overcome
A battle rages but the war's been won

1 comment:

  1. Interesting to read this while I had this song (http://www.mediafire.com/?ki7y63eyncd0isy) stuck in my head. I'm sure that's not the sound you were going for, but it kindof doesn't *not* work.
    Anyway. I like it.

    ReplyDelete